Homeowner punched and kicked after finding burglar stealing items from shed
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2015
A man in his 60s was punched and kicked after disturbing a burglar who he found taking items from his garden shed - and who then went on to steal his wallet.
Norfolk police said a man has been arrested in connection with a series of burglaries, including two last weekend.
In the early hours of Saturday, April 17 a bike was stolen from New College Close after a garden shed was broken into.
Later that morning, a man was caught taking items from a different garden shed.
The homeowner, who is in his 60s, disturbed the burglar, who then punched and kicked the homeowner before stealing his wallet.
On Monday, April 19, a man aged in his 30s was arrested in Gorleston in connection with the incidents, and taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
He was later released on bail for these offences.
- 1 Owner of new pet shop says he will put animal welfare before sales
- 2 Long tailbacks on A47 due to roadworks and lane closure
- 3 Widow fighting for wedding refund
- 4 Police break up house party with 28 people crammed into flat
- 5 Driver stopped by police - 20 minutes after being given court ban
- 6 Three adorable abandoned day-old kittens adopted by stray
- 7 Mother still 'grieving' for son who suffered life-changing brain injuries in crash
- 8 Norwich shop worker beaten with hammer in row over phone refund
- 9 'Complete shock' - Neighbours stunned after cannabis farm uncovered
- 10 New owners of popular park café set out vision for 'beautiful' venue
Police said they are continuing to investigate the incidents, and other similar linked crimes from the area during the same time period, which they believe may be linked.