Man charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children
- Credit: Google Maps
A man has been charged with having more than 220,000 indecent images of children.
Gary Blyth, 57, of Hawthorn Road in Gorleston, appeared at Great Yarmouth Magistrates' Court on Wednesday (May 5).
He is facing three charges of making indecent photographs or pseudo-photographs of a child.
The alleged offences include 3,382 Category A images - the most serious - and 22 Category A videos, 3,603 Category B images and 16 Category B videos, as well as 220,773 Category C images and 101 videos.
Prosecutor Katherine Houghton told the court that the case was not suitable for a summary trial at the magistrates' court.
The accused was released on unconditional bail, with the case next listed for hearing at Norwich Crown Court on June 2.
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 4 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 5 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 6 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Holidaymakers rescued after boat lodged under bridge
- 10 Bargain Hunt films at Norfolk collectables shop