Drink driver caught after almost hitting police car
A man was caught drink-driving after almost hitting an unmarked police car.
Garry Moll, 24, of Oakwood Drive, Wymondham, admitted driving while above the alcohol limit and driving with no insurance when he appeared at Norwich Magistrates' Court.
The incident happened in Hawthorne Road, Wymondham, on October 12, when Moll almost hit an unmarked police car. The court heard he was taken to the police station where he was found with 52mcg of alcohol in 100ml of breath.
Chris Brown, mitigating for Moll, said the defendant bought temporary insurance in blocks through an app called Cuvva, which he had forgotten to do that evening after attending a wedding.
For the drink-driving offence, Moll was fined £150 and ordered to pay £50 court costs and a £30 victim surcharge. He was also banned from driving for 16 months. He received no separate penalty for the insurance offence.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 2 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 3 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 4 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 5 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 6 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 7 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 10 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak