Properties evacuated after spate of arson attacks in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A person was taken to hospital and properties were evacuated after a spate of suspected arson attacks in Norwich last night.
The incidents happened in Norman Drive in Old Catton shortly after midnight when officers were called to assist colleagues from Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
Firefighters initially responded to reports of a single garage fire and discovered another two garages on fire while on scene.
Officers attended and nearby properties were evacuated due to smoke and fire risks. One elderly resident was taken to hospital suffering shock.
Two vehicles, parked inside two of the garages, were badly damaged.
You may also want to watch:
Officers arrested a man in nearby Bronde Road in Sprowston at about 1.30am this morning on suspicion of arson in connection with the incidents.
The 20-year-old remains in custody at Aylsham Police Investigation Centre where he will be questioned.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 6 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 10 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown