Tax manager stole from clients at top Norfolk firm for seven years
- Credit: PA
A tax manager defrauded customers at a top Norfolk accountancy firm for years by inflating his bills.
Timothy Bash, 58, of Dereham Road, Mattishall, was working as a tax manager with Lovewell Blake in Norwich when he carried out the fraud for almost seven years.
Bash, who was wearing a smart jacket and dark shirt, appeared at Norwich Crown Court on Monday where he admitted fraud between October 6, 2010, and March 3, 2017.
He pleaded guilty to abusing his position of trust and obtaining payments from clients in lieu of fictitious or inflated bills or tax liabilities.
Chris Youell, prosecuting, said the prosecution would also be seeking to have a confiscation hearing to claw back some of the cash stolen, which is believed to be tens of thousands of pounds.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Anthony Bate adjourned the case for sentence until June 24 and said Bash would get credit for his "timely admission".
Judge Bate said: "You have been very frank as to what you have done."
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 6 Man suffers injuries after road rage assault near retail park
- 7 Town's long wait for new £37m bypass nearly over as funding agreed
- 8 Thunderstorms set to put dampener on weekend
- 9 St Benedict's Street restaurant closes due to 'pingdemic'
- 10 'The vibe is good' - Return to normality on first day of Latitude Festival
He told Bash he should expect a "substantial term in prison" for a very serious fraud. He granted Bash bail.
John Morgans appeared for Bash at the short hearing.
A date for the confiscation hearing was fixed for August 28.
-Have you been impacted by Tim Bash's fraud? Contact our investigations editor Tom Bristow on 01603 77 2834 or email email@example.com