Police called in over missing thousands at social club
- Credit: Archant
Police have launched a fraud probe at a Wymondham social club after thousands of pounds went missing.
Wymondham and District Ex-Services Social Club, based at Friarscroft Lane, found more than £4,200 was missing from its books last year, according to its latest accounts.
But police were only alerted months later and the club's committee has declined to answer any of our questions. Its accounts reveal that there was a £4,279 difference between the accounting records and actual cash counted from November 2018.
Despite that the accounts were signed off by the committee in April this year and also given a clean bill of health by its auditor.
According to one source some members have resigned in protest.
You may also want to watch:
A police spokesman confirmed the force was investigating allegations of fraud. "Our enquiries are ongoing and no arrests have been made at this stage," they said.
- 1 Roads flooded on east coast after heavy rain
- 2 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 3 Two Norfolk villages named among most beautiful to visit in England
- 4 'An insult - Matt Hancock accused over secret visit to crumbling hospital
- 5 Appeal for rescuers to come forward following Sea Palling incident
- 6 Man put hidden camera in bedroom to spy on wife
- 7 Robbers knock out boy, 14, and steal trainers from his feet
- 8 'Max Factor lady' - Tributes to adored gran who died in M11 layby
- 9 Gypsy and travellers await planning appeal result
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following crash on A146