Four people arrested after van seized in Norwich in connection with theft offences
- Credit: Archant
A van has been pulled over and seized by police in Norwich in connection with theft offences.
The van, a silver coloured Ford Transit van, was pulled over by roads policing officers in the St Stephens Road, opposite the Trowel and Hammer pub in Norwich.
The stop, which happened at about 8.30am today (Saturday, November 3), followed reports that it had been involved in theft.
Chief inspector Lou Provart in the Norfolk Constabulary control room said: 'We were acting on information about a crime of theft.'
Chf Insp Provart said the van was stopped following 'good work' by the roads policing team.
You may also want to watch:
He said: 'They stopped the vehicle and arrested four people and seized the vehicle.'
The four people have been taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre (PIC) where they will later be questioned in relation to theft offences.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 4 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Closures near A11 roundabout after crash involving motorcycle and van
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Star-studded cast announced for Norwich Theatre Royal 2021 panto
- 9 Popular GP bids farewell to patients with emotional letter after 33 years in Beccles
- 10 Plastic fork firm redundancies blamed on supermarket ‘greenwashing’