Four arrested and three dogs seized in hare coursing incident
- Credit: Nick Appleton
Four men have been arrested and three dogs seized by police following a hare coursing incident in the south of the county.
At around 8.25am on Boxing Day morning police were called to reports of a group of men and their dogs hare coursing off Short Green in Winfarthing, near Diss.
On the police's arrival, the men attempted to flee from officers, but were chasing down and arrested.
Four men were then arrested on suspicion of hare coursing and their dogs seized - one of which was a Lurcher.
Police also seized a Volkswagen Golf belonging to one of the men.
You may also want to watch:
Posting on Twitter, an officer for South Norfolk Police said: "A great morning's work with three departments all working together."
The investigation was carried out under Operation Galileo, a nationwide approach to addressing hare coursing of which Norfolk Constabulary is one of a number of forces involved.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 4 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 5 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 8 City confirm midfielder exit
- 9 Truck stopped for 'unsecure load' during road check
- 10 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game