'Absolutely disgusting' - fury as sofas are dumped on Thetford estate
- Credit: Denise Green
Fly-tipping on a Thetford estate has been labelled as "absolutely disgusting" after a pair of sofas were dumped there.
The two pieces of furniture were found on Sunday (May 24) at Canon's Walk, the footpath running between St John's Way and St Martin's Way.
It had, however, been removed by Monday morning, although Breckland confirmed its own officers were not responsible.
Denise Green, who lives in the area, said fly-tipping in the area had become a prominent issue in recent times.
"I'm so disappointed in the disregard being shown to the area," she said. "The sofas were dumped right outside my neighbour's kitchen window.
You may also want to watch:
"I reported it on Sunday morning and they were collected by someone on Monday morning. But to add insult to injury, a resident has already decided to dump another item on there.
"I know it's a council estate but there really is no need for it. It's absolutely disgusting."
- 1 'It's not even that short' - schoolboy, 14, put in isolation due to haircut
- 2 'Red-and-white spray paint doesn't count' - three danger lorries stopped
- 3 Norfolk man found drunk at wheel twice in less than a month
- 4 Nick Knowles joins outcry as Norfolk police told to close Twitter accounts
- 5 'Second time this year' - Armed police called to Norwich street
- 6 Part of A47 closed after concerns for woman’s welfare
- 7 Fresh calls for action over 'unacceptable' queues at A11 roundabout
- 8 Hundreds flock to see exotic birds in Yarmouth bushes
- 9 Norfolk set for dry week with temperatures to rise
- 10 Why your phone might warn you of a 'terror attack' today