‘No excuse’: Motorist caught doing 55mph in 30mph zone
- Credit: Archant
A series of speed checks have been carried out in a village this week.
Suffolk Police officers conducted the speed checks in Shadingfield, near Beccles, on November 5 and November 6, with five motorists issued with Traffic Offence Reports (TOR).
Among the motorists stopped was one driver who was issued with a TOR after being captured doing 55mph in a 30mph limit.
Other drivers were stopped and issued with TOR’s after they were captured travelling at 44mph, 48mph, 50mph and 53mph in the 30mph areas.
A post on the Lowestoft Police Facebook page said: “Over November 5/6, officers conducted speed enforcement in Shadingfield.
You may also want to watch:
“Five TORS (Traffic Offence Report) were issued to drivers travelling at 44, 48, 50, 53, 55mph in the 30mph limit!
“We will continue to do further speed enforcement across our area over the next few months.
- 1 Talented 24-year-old opens new bakery in village
- 2 Dead sperm whale washes up on Norfolk coast
- 3 Part of A47 closed after crash between pedestrian and lorry
- 4 What you can (and can't) do as Norfolk enters Tier 2 restrictions
- 5 'It feels like Christmas': Shoppers return to city as lockdown lifts
- 6 Never mind Santa's sleigh... how about a Christmas combine harvester?
- 7 North Norfolk care home put into special measures
- 8 Early start for shoppers as Norfolk comes out of lockdown
- 9 Police search after reports of camouflaged man 'with weapon' in woods
- 10 How close is Norfolk to tier 1?