‘No excuse’: Motorist caught doing 55mph in 30mph zone
- Credit: Archant
A series of speed checks have been carried out in a village this week.
Suffolk Police officers conducted the speed checks in Shadingfield, near Beccles, on November 5 and November 6, with five motorists issued with Traffic Offence Reports (TOR).
Among the motorists stopped was one driver who was issued with a TOR after being captured doing 55mph in a 30mph limit.
Other drivers were stopped and issued with TOR’s after they were captured travelling at 44mph, 48mph, 50mph and 53mph in the 30mph areas.
A post on the Lowestoft Police Facebook page said: “Over November 5/6, officers conducted speed enforcement in Shadingfield.
You may also want to watch:
“Five TORS (Traffic Offence Report) were issued to drivers travelling at 44, 48, 50, 53, 55mph in the 30mph limit!
“We will continue to do further speed enforcement across our area over the next few months.
- 1 Person pulled from car as rain lashes region
- 2 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 3 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 4 Seven fire engines called to blaze on housing estate
- 5 ‘It went up like a matchstick’ - Neighbour’s horror at blaze
- 6 Dad's heartache over daughter's suicide and his fight to help others
- 7 7 of the prettiest streets in Norfolk
- 8 Rovers return? New landlords relaunch village pub with parties and Sunday lunches for dogs
- 9 Family devastated after death of much-loved and well-known horse
- 10 Pedestrian suffers life-threatening injuries in A47 crash