Hunt continues for thieves who stole car as motorist was in takeaway
- Credit: Archant
Investigations are continuing after a car was stolen while the motorist had briefly left the vehicle to go into a fast food restaurant.
Thieves are still being sought after a silver coloured Vauxhall Corsa was stolen while the driver was in a fast food takeaway in Lowestoft.
The vehicle had been parked and left unattended temporarily in London Road South, Kirkley while the driver went into the nearby Chick-King Kebab fast food restaurant.
The theft happened about 1am on Wednesday, February 26.
At the time of the incident, a police spokesman said: “The driver left the car for a short period of time, during which the vehicle was stolen.
You may also want to watch:
“The vehicle was then seen being driven into Waterloo Road.”
With police inquiries ongoing, anyone who witnessed the theft of the vehicle, knows of its whereabouts or saw any suspicious behaviour should call Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/12049/20, on 101.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 3 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 6 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 7 City confirm midfielder exit
- 8 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath