Man in 60s arrested following police pursuit of Jaguar
- Credit: Matthew Usher
A man has been arrested after the driver of a Jaguar attempted to evade police before crashing into a wall.
At around 12.30pm on Tuesday, March 31, officers had cause to stop a man seen driving a black Jaguar XF in the Eye area.
The driver failed to stop and a brief chase took place which saw the Jaguar collide with a curb and badly damage its front wheel and axle.
A short time later the car crashed into a wall and the driver got out of the vehicle.
A man in his 60s, from the Eye area, was subsequently arrested on suspicion of aggravated vehicle taking, failing to stop and dangerous driving.
You may also want to watch:
He was taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre for questioning, before being released under investigation pending further enquiries.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police child safety team raid house to arrest man
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 Banham Poultry evacuated in suspected chemical incident
- 6 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 Lord mayor criticises campaigner in email - and mistakenly copies them in
- 10 The 5 most viewed homes on the market in Norfolk last month