Escaped prisoner with links to Norfolk arrested
- Credit: Archant
A prisoner serving a sentence for a threats to kill offence has been arrested after he absconded from prison.
Police launched a hunt for Scott Chandler after he went missing from Hollesley Bay yesterday evening, Friday 8 May.
The 48-year-old is serving a sentence for a threats to kill offence and has links to Ipswich, Lowestoft and Dereham in Norfolk.
Following a public appeal he was detained this morning, Saturday, May 9, by officers in Woodbridge, Suffolk.
He has been taken to Martlesham Police Investigation Centre, from where he will be returned to the prison system.
You may also want to watch:
Suffolk Police said: “We would like to thank members of the public and media for their assistance with this appeal.”
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 5 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 6 Weather warning as more thunderstorms set to hit parts of the region
- 7 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
- 8 Firefighters tackling smoking car after crash near pub
- 9 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 10 Old Buckenham Airshow going ahead as planned this weekend