Enquiries ongoing after man sexually assaulted on Lowestoft beach
- Credit: Mick Howes
Enquiries are ongoing after a man was sexually assaulted on a Lowestoft beach, police said.
The incident occurred between 6pm on Sunday, November 14, and 7am on Monday, November 15.
The victim, in his 30s, was in the vicinity of the promenade and Pakefield beach with a group of other men and at some point during the evening he was sexually assaulted.
Police are appealing for anyone who was in the area between Claremont Pier and Pakefield beach between Sunday night and Monday morning to come forward as they may have seen something that could assist the investigation.
Motorists who have dashcams and were driving in the vicinity of Kirkley Cliff Road, Pakefield Road and Pakefield Street are being asked to review their footage for relevant material.
Anyone with information is asked to contact the East Safeguarding Investigation Unit in Lowestoft, quoting reference number 64472/21.
You can also call them on 101 or use their website.
Alternatively, you can contact the independent charity Crimestoppers completely anonymously on 0800 555 111.
- 1 Body found in the sea at Great Yarmouth
- 2 North Norfolk road closed with drivers asked to avoid area
- 3 Popular teacher, 55, died after falling down stairs, inquest hears
- 4 Teenager died of injuries six days after crash
- 5 John Lewis CCTV footage leads to Norwich gun arrests
- 6 Norwich firm part of growing number of businesses working four day weeks
- 7 Holiday Inn to become 'care hotel' to help struggling hospitals
- 8 1920s bungalow up for sale in one of the Broads' most sought-after villages
- 9 One of East Anglia's largest property builders is sold to investment firm
- 10 A year on: Tributes to teacher who died following tumour diagnosis