Man caught carrying knives on estate released under investigation
- Credit: Archant
A man caught carrying two knives and banging on windows on a Norwich estate has been released under investigation while enquiries continue.
Witnesses described hearing what they thought were two men fighting and shouting near to homes in Southalls Way, Norwich on Sunday, January 26.
Initially one policeman was trying to deal with the situation but was later backed up by several more officers after the suspect ran off after refusing to co-operate.
A man in his 30s and from Norwich was arrested on suspicion of aggravated burglary, assault, criminal damage and possessing an offensive weapon after he was found with two knives.
He was initially detained under the Mental Health Act following the incident.
You may also want to watch:
But a police spokesman said the man has since been released while enquiries continue.
- 1 Spectacle of light with 'Norfolk's biggest ever firework display' announced
- 2 Rare Airbus Beluga XL spotted over Norfolk
- 3 Man struck repeatedly on head with motorcylcle helmet in Norfolk attack
- 4 Petrol stations close nationally as HGV driver crisis worsens
- 5 Main road reopens more than six hours after 'serious' crash
- 6 Man dies after 'medical incident' on Yarmouth seafront
- 7 Norfolk man in a relationship with teen he abducted, court told
- 8 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 9 'Untouchable': People tell how Norwich killer left them in fear of their safety
- 10 Five takeaways planned to open in Norfolk