Man given fixed penalty notice after city fight involving 10 people
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2020
A man has been given a fixed penalty notice after he admitted disorderly behaviour following a fight involving 10 people in Norwich.
Officers were called to the city centre street near its junction with Magdalen Close at about 11pm on Thursday, July 23 following reports of a fight involving several men.
One person was assaulted and suffered minor injuries as a result of the Magdalen Street brawl.
Ten men, eight in their 20s, one in his late teens and another in his 40s, were arrested and subsequently released on bail.
A police spokesman has confirmed a man in his 20s has been interviewed about the incident and admitted disorderly behaviour.
You may also want to watch:
He has been given a fixed penalty notice but “enquiries remain ongoing”.
Police previously said that nine people arrested in connection with the incident were “released without charge”.
- 1 'An insult to the city': Couple ditch 'hellhole' hotel after 45 minutes
- 2 Road cleared after overturned lorry on A47/A11 Thickthorn roundabout
- 3 Travellers camped at garden centre car park
- 4 Former Norwich boxing champion banned from contacting ex-partner
- 5 Hundreds give amazing send-off to well-loved supermarket worker
- 6 Man arrested on suspicion of murder after woman found dead in flat
- 7 New Lidl stores to open in Norfolk and Waveney in £1.3bn expansion
- 8 Historic railway platform building could be demolished in station revamp
- 9 Ex-head charged with sex attacks on boys at Norfolk school
- 10 RSPCA shop loses more than £1,000 after 'slamming scam'
Call police on 101.