Man punched in face and loses wing mirror in Beccles road rage attack
- Credit: Google
A 20-year-old man was punched in the face while stopped at traffic lights after an aborted manoeuver enraged the passenger of a fellow motorist.
It happened between 11.30am and 11.45am on Thursday, May 20, in Ellough Road, Beccles.
The victim, driving a black Ford Fiesta, had initially tried to overtake a van but pulled back, before it stopped and a passenger attempted to get out.
The 20-year-old drove away but later stopped at traffic lights, when the van caught up to them and the passenger again got out.
Described as a white man, aged between 25 and 30, of broad build with tattoos on his arm and with short hair and a beard, the passenger kicked the wing mirror off the Ford Fiesta before grabbing and punching the victim through an open window.
He is believed to have got out of an Iveco van.
The victim was left with bruising to his face after the assault.
- 1 Dutch design could inspire revamp of danger roundabout
- 2 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 3 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham
- 4 Rare condition kills 'amazing' lorry driver
- 5 'More like March' - So when will we get the sunshine back?
- 6 Machinery sale marks end of family's 100-year farming history
- 7 You can run, Mr Hancock, but you can't hide
- 8 Farke on his contract situation at City
- 9 Cactus shop selling £95 plants opens in Norwich phone box
- 10 Warning over 'Amazon' cold call recordings scam in Norfolk
Anyone who witnessed the incident, has dash-cam recordings, saw the two vehicles driving in the area at the time or has knowledge of the incident and who committed it should contact Suffolk police, quoting crime reference 37/28196/21.