Couple in court charged with murder of baby daughter
- Credit: Archant
The parents of a three-month-old girl who died from a severe head injury could stand trial next year after they were charged with her murder.
Eleanor Easey was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich Hospital on December 18 last year after the baby became unresponsive at her home in Morton on the Hill, near Lenwade.
She was transferred to Addenbrooke’s Hospital in Cambridge but died on December 20. A post mortem examination established she died from a severe head injury while she was also malnourished and had numerous historic fractures.
Christopher Easey, 30, and Carly Easey, 35, have both been charged with her murder. The couple, of Old Roman Bank, Terrington St Clement, appeared at Norwich Crown Court via videolink on Wednesday (September 16) for a short preliminary hearing.
A potential trial date was pencilled in for March 8 next year.
You may also want to watch:
A plea and trial preparation (PTPH) was set for October 13.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 3 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 4 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 5 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 6 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 7 Water starts gushing out of sinkhole on Norwich city centre road
- 8 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 9 Post-Latitude covid has made me realise pandemic has a long way to go
- 10 Norfolk lorry driver who died in B1085 crash named