Eight arrested after group fight thought to have involved weapons at Lidl
- Credit: Casey Cooper-Fiske
Eight people have been arrested after a group fight thought to have involved weapons broke out at Lidl.
Officers were called to the Yarmouth Road store in North Walsham following reports of a fight of up to 20 people on Monday at 7pm.
Norfolk Police said it was thought to have involved weapons.
Specialist officers were sent to the scene although they could not find anyone involved.
Eight men, four aged in their 20s, one aged in his 30s and three teenagers, have been arrested in connection with the fight following an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Chetwyn, 33, of Black Swan Loke, North Walsham has since been charged with violent disorder, possession of a bladed article and possession of an air weapon in a public place.
He has been remanded into custody to appear at court tomorrow morning (Friday June, 26).
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 People told to shut doors and windows after suspected gas leak
- 8 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 9 Motorists have fines and points cancelled over £2m speed cameras blunder
- 10 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
The other seven men have since been released on police bail.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
They are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have any dashcam footage of the Lidl car park on Yarmouth Road and the library car park on New Road to come forward.
Please contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/41023/20.