Eight arrested after group fight thought to have involved weapons at Lidl
- Credit: Casey Cooper-Fiske
Eight people have been arrested after a group fight thought to have involved weapons broke out at Lidl.
Officers were called to the Yarmouth Road store in North Walsham following reports of a fight of up to 20 people on Monday at 7pm.
Norfolk Police said it was thought to have involved weapons.
Specialist officers were sent to the scene although they could not find anyone involved.
Eight men, four aged in their 20s, one aged in his 30s and three teenagers, have been arrested in connection with the fight following an investigation.
You may also want to watch:
Simon Chetwyn, 33, of Black Swan Loke, North Walsham has since been charged with violent disorder, possession of a bladed article and possession of an air weapon in a public place.
He has been remanded into custody to appear at court tomorrow morning (Friday June, 26).
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 3 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 4 Man found dead in Norwich hotel
- 5 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 6 Police swoop after £400k cocaine parcel delivered to Norwich house
- 7 'A nightmare' - Roadworks cause traffic chaos in North Walsham
- 8 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears
The other seven men have since been released on police bail.
Police would like to hear from anyone who may have witnessed the incident or has information concerning it.
They are particularly keen to hear from anyone who may have any dashcam footage of the Lidl car park on Yarmouth Road and the library car park on New Road to come forward.
Please contact Great Yarmouth CID on 101 quoting crime reference 36/41023/20.