Smugglers on jet ski brought cocaine into town
- Credit: Archant
Two men who tried to smuggle drugs into a Suffolk town on a jet ski in September are due to be sentenced in December.
Officers from Lowestoft, along with the coastguard, lifeboats and Border Force, found two men on a jet ski off the Suffolk coast on September 3.
They were searched and arrested before being taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Friday (October 30) for a plea hearing via a prison video link were Steven Brogan, 36, and Anthony Reilly, 33, both of Skelmersdale in Lancashire.
They both pleaded guilty to importing cocaine on September 3 this year and will be sentenced in December 9.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Rupert Overbury remanded them in custody.
- 1 Teenage boy found a week after being reported missing
- 2 School apologises for uniform advice wording after sexism claims
- 3 38 Norfolk schools and university named in students' accounts of sex abuse
- 4 Two Norfolk restaurants in top five 'secret' places to eat on English coast
- 5 Man denies causing death by careless driving on A47 in Norfolk
- 6 WATCH: Heron patiently waits for fish and chips
- 7 A47 driver stopped in smashed up Vauxhall and failed drug test
- 8 'We offered £20k over and still lost out': Frantic housing market revealed
- 9 Canaries closing in on new shirt sponsor
- 10 Prince William, George and Charlotte start races at Sandringham