Smugglers on jet ski brought cocaine into town
- Credit: Archant
Two men who tried to smuggle drugs into a Suffolk town on a jet ski in September are due to be sentenced in December.
Officers from Lowestoft, along with the coastguard, lifeboats and Border Force, found two men on a jet ski off the Suffolk coast on September 3.
They were searched and arrested before being taken to Great Yarmouth Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
Before Ipswich Crown Court on Friday (October 30) for a plea hearing via a prison video link were Steven Brogan, 36, and Anthony Reilly, 33, both of Skelmersdale in Lancashire.
They both pleaded guilty to importing cocaine on September 3 this year and will be sentenced in December 9.
You may also want to watch:
Judge Rupert Overbury remanded them in custody.
- 1 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 2 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 3 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 4 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 5 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show
- 6 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 9 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 10 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead