Drug driver caught watching TV on phone on A11
- Credit: Archant
A driver was caught watching television on his phone while driving under the influence of cannabis by police.
Breckland Police stopped the driver on the A11 at the Five Ways roundabout at Mildenhall on Wednesday at 7.45am after a member of the public rang police about the manner of their driving near Attleborough.
Officers described the incident as 'simply ridiculous'.
Once stopped, officers from Team 3 in Thetford discovered the driver was streaming a television programme on their phone next to the steering wheel.
It is not known which TV programme the driver was watching.
You may also want to watch:
The driver later also returned a positive drug swipe for cannabis according to the police.
The driver, a man in his late 30s, was arrested and later released under investigation with further enquiries ongoing.
- 1 Man and woman found dead in home
- 2 Norfolk seaside holiday park battles Shell over solar panel plans
- 3 Hardware store owners retiring after more than 60 years
- 4 Man, 41, charged with Pat Holland's murder as human remains found
- 5 Neighbours' horror after two people found dead in 'peaceful close'
- 6 Reward of £20,000 offered after theft of performance car worth £150,000
- 7 When are GCSE and A-level results out and how fair will grades be?
- 8 Norfolk RSPCA cattery full as owners give up lockdown pets
- 9 Sweet Caroline and a dodgy knee - review of Olly Murs at Newmarket Nights
- 10 'Absolutely wonderful' - Organiser's delight at Old Buckenham Airshow success
Officers on Twitter posting as Breckland Police said: 'We've just finished at custody with this driver as they provided a positive drug swipe for cannabis!
'Awaiting the blood results, but watching TV, on your mobile, whilst driving on the A11, under the influence of cannabis is simply ridiculous!'