Eight drivers caught doing more than 100mph on A47
- Credit: Archant
Police have stopped eight drivers going in excess of 100mph on one stretch of the A47.
The motorists were caught on Sunday by officers from Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads Policing Unit on the A47 at Terrington St John.
Speeds ranged from 102mph to 120mph. Officers on Twitter confirmed all drivers have been reported.
And on Sunday night on the A11, two drivers were stopped for doing 100mph.
One of the drivers blew a positive breath test and provided a positive road side drugs test.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Chris Harris said on Twitter: 'Just finishing and reflecting on some disappointing results tonight including 2 drivers I stopped #A11 Wymondham.
'Driver under limit on alcohol evidential specimen & released pending drug blood results.'
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Delay warnings ahead of abnormal load move
- 4 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 5 Prime minister promises "February sunset" for coronavirus tiers
- 6 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop
- 7 Norwich water supply hit for second day running
- 8 Man in 70s dies in A143 crash
- 9 Drunk man arrested after driving into water-filled dike
- 10 Norfolk sees significant falls in Covid cases, figures show