Driver who failed to stop for police arrested for drug driving
- Credit: Archant
A driver who initially failed to stop for police has been arrested on suspicion of a number of offences after being caught by officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads and Armed Policing Team (RAPT).
The vehicle, which had previously failed to stop for police, made off again before it was stopped.
The driver decamped from the vehicle but was later arrested in Wherstead, near Ipswich, in connection with a number of offences, including drug driving.
Officers reported the arrest on social media.
They tweeted: 'Vehicle stung by #PHQRPU today after it had previously failed to stop for police. Vehicle again made off, driver decamped, but was #arrested in #Wherstead for various offences including drug drive. #Pc1202 #Pc433 #Pc148 #Pc1827 #Fatal4'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 2 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 5 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 6 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 7 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 8 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 9 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend