Driver who failed to stop for police arrested for drug driving
- Credit: Archant
A driver who initially failed to stop for police has been arrested on suspicion of a number of offences after being caught by officers from the Norfolk and Suffolk's Roads and Armed Policing Team (RAPT).
The vehicle, which had previously failed to stop for police, made off again before it was stopped.
The driver decamped from the vehicle but was later arrested in Wherstead, near Ipswich, in connection with a number of offences, including drug driving.
Officers reported the arrest on social media.
They tweeted: 'Vehicle stung by #PHQRPU today after it had previously failed to stop for police. Vehicle again made off, driver decamped, but was #arrested in #Wherstead for various offences including drug drive. #Pc1202 #Pc433 #Pc148 #Pc1827 #Fatal4'.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 8 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 9 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 10 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages