Driver wanted after police car damaged in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A driver who fled the scene after driving into a police car at speed is wanted by police officers.
Shortly before 2pm on Thursday afternoon, May 7, Suffolk police officers attempted to stop a silver Vauxhall Astra on the A146 Beccles Road, in Lowestoft.
Officers say the car initially stopped, “but then accelerated away and then reversed back before ramming the police vehicle at speed”.
The driver then fled the scene while officers briefly closed the road, though it has since reopened.
The Vauxhall Astra believed to have been involved in the crash was found by officers an hour later at Bramley Rise in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
Officers say enquiries are ongoing to locate the suspect, and added that nobody was hurt in the crash.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Anyone who witnessed the incident, knows the identity of the driver or the vehicle should contact Lowestoft CID, quoting crime reference 37/25256/20.”
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 3 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 4 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 5 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 6 Queues in Norwich as hundreds flock to cider and sausage festival
- 7 Park issues warning over bacteria which is toxic to dogs
- 8 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 9 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 10 City confirm midfielder exit