Driver wanted after police car damaged in hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A driver who fled the scene after driving into a police car at speed is wanted by police officers.
Shortly before 2pm on Thursday afternoon, May 7, Suffolk police officers attempted to stop a silver Vauxhall Astra on the A146 Beccles Road, in Lowestoft.
Officers say the car initially stopped, “but then accelerated away and then reversed back before ramming the police vehicle at speed”.
The driver then fled the scene while officers briefly closed the road, though it has since reopened.
The Vauxhall Astra believed to have been involved in the crash was found by officers an hour later at Bramley Rise in Beccles.
You may also want to watch:
Officers say enquiries are ongoing to locate the suspect, and added that nobody was hurt in the crash.
A spokesman for Suffolk Constabulary said: “Anyone who witnessed the incident, knows the identity of the driver or the vehicle should contact Lowestoft CID, quoting crime reference 37/25256/20.”
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 8 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork