Driver sped at 99mph on A47 using a spare wheel
- Credit: Norfolk Police
An uninsured driver was clocked at 99mph on the A47 while using a spare tyre.
The motorist was stopped for excessive speed by police in the Hockering area on Thursday afternoon.
Officers discovered that his vehicle was using a skinny space saver spare tyre.
The Highway Code states these are only designed for temporary use in an emergency. They are limited to speeds of 50mph and should be replaced with one that matches the rest of your tyres as soon as possible.
After the driver was found to be uninsured the vehicle was seized.
You may also want to watch:
Two other motorists were issued with traffic offence reports after being stopped doing 96mph and 94mph on the A47 near Dereham.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low