Driver of Aston Martin caught speeding at 119mph on A11 has ‘no excuse’ for ‘temporary lapse into old habits’
- Credit: Copyright: Archant 2016
A motorist who was caught speeding in his Aston Martin at almost 120mph on the A11 said he had 'no excuse' for his actions.
George Tuffnell, 29, was driving his Aston Martin Vantage on the A11 at Ketteringham at 119mph - almost 50mph above the 70mph limit.
Norwich Magistrates Court heard Tuffnell was caught by police at just after 12.50pm on April 19 last year.
Tuffnell, of Lark Rise, Mulbarton, did not appear in court on Monday (January 21) but had pleaded guilty to the offence by post.
He wrote to the court to say there was 'no excuse' for his actions which he described as a 'temporary lapse into old habits'.
You may also want to watch:
He explained to the court that he had a young child that he had to take to a child minders.
But Tuffnell was banned from driving for 56 days by city magistrates who also fined him £380, ordered him to pay £100 costs and a £38 victim surcharge.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Green light for new Tesco store in town centre
- 3 'Incredible' donation pays for expansion of Norfolk's largest ancient wood
- 4 What counts as a substantial meal under Norfolk's tier 2 pub rules?
- 5 Man arrested after woman suffers broken collar bone in row over mask
- 6 'It's nonsense': Shoppers react to Norfolk's Tier 2 announcement
- 7 Commuter trains halted as Norwich to London line blocked
- 8 New appeal as pregnant woman goes missing again
- 9 Several weeks into lockdown, Norfolk sees sharp decline in coronavirus infection rates
- 10 PRESSER LIVE: Norwich City v Coventry City - Krul out three weeks; Pukki out this weekend