Driver to face trial over death of motorcylist
- Credit: Archant
A motorist will stand trial over the death of a 54-year-old motorcyclist in a crash.
Steven Mouncer, of Harleston, died on October 26, 2018, after the motorbike he was riding was involved in a collision with an Audi A4 in Needham.
The driver of the Audi, Michael Coulthard, 68, of Old Quarry Road, Gwent, who appeared over a link at Norwich Crown Court, pleaded not guilty to causing death by careless driving of Mr Mouncer.
Chris Youell, appeared for the prosecution at the short hearing and Andrew Nuttall for Coulthard.
A trial date was fixed for February 1 and is expected to last about five days.
You may also want to watch:
Coulthard was bailed to appear at his trial.
Mr Mouncer’s funeral which was held at St John the Baptist Church, in Harleston saw fellow bikers lead the procession through Harleston, while funds were also raised for the British Biker Relief Foundation in his memory.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 6 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 7 Electric vehicle owners could have to pay £50 to run cables to cars
- 8 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer
- 9 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 10 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?