Driver to face trial over death of motorcyclist
- Credit: Archant
A motorist will stand trial over the death of a 54-year-old motorcyclist in a crash.
Steven Mouncer, of Harleston, died on October 26, 2018, after the motorbike he was riding was involved in a collision with an Audi A4 in Needham.
The driver of the Audi, Michael Coulthard, 68, has been charged with causing death by careless driving.
On Friday, he appeared at Norwich Magistrates Court via a call from Newport Magistrates Court in Wales.
The short hearing, which was attended by members of Mr Mouncer’s family, saw Coulthard, of Old Quarry Road, Gwent, speak just to confirm his name and address.
You may also want to watch:
Magistrates referred the case to crown court for a jury trial. The next hearing will be on July 17.
Mr Mouncer’s funeral saw fellow bikers lead the procession through Harleston, while funds were also raised for the British Biker Relief Foundation in his memory.
- 1 Couple turn grain store into 'James Bond' home
- 2 Cannabis factory uncovered in former bar in Norwich's clubland
- 3 Council to force landowners to sell so £1.3m roundabout can be built
- 4 Restaurant boss U-turn after row over trial shift pay
- 5 Couple reveal reason for closing 30-year-old firm
- 6 Electric scooter riders arrested for drink-driving
- 7 Man died after lorry crashed into litter picking vans on A11
- 8 Norfolk to feature in Steven Spielberg's Second World War TV series
- 9 Tiny baby saved by 120-mile flight in 'wrong' helicopter
- 10 Driver may have fallen asleep before fatal crash, inquest hears