Driver crashed into car at petrol station and injured motorist, court hears
- Credit: Archant
An elderly driver who crashed into a car on a petrol station forecourt and injured a motorist who had been refuelling was due to appear in court.
Melvin Flavell, 74, has been charged with driving without due care and attention following a crash on the forecourt of the Co-op filling station at Hopton-on-Sea.
The charge states that while manoeuvring his VW Passat between vehicles parked for refuelling Flavell crashed into the back of a BMW which shunted forward into the hip of the occupant who was refuelling at the time.
He suffered injuries to his hip following the crash on July 16 last year, causing him injuries to his hip.
Flavell, of Isis Close, Gorleston was due to appear at court on Monday (July 22) but did not attend.
You may also want to watch:
He has also been charged with failing to stop after an accident and failing to report it.
The case was adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 6 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low