Driver accused of colliding with cars and causing ‘substantial damage’
- Credit: Archant
A motorist has been asked to appear in court after being charged following a four vehicle crash on the A47 at North Burlingham.
Vitor Gomes Da Cruz, 33, from Hotblack Road, Norwich, has been charged driving without due care and attention following a crash in October last year.
The charge states that Da Cruz, who was driving an Audi A3, had been distracted while adjusting the radio and failed to see the vehicles in front stopping.
It goes onto state that he failed to brake in time and collided with a Mercedes in front, causing loss of control and then collided with two other vehicles and caused another vehicle to take evasive action in order to avoid a collision.
The incident, which happened on October 8 last year, and is said to have resulted in substantial damage to the vehicles he struck.
You may also want to watch:
The defendant was meant to appear in court on Monday (22) but failed to attend.
The case has been adjourned to a date to be fixed.
- 1 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 6 Joy and relief as Latitude passes off successfully
- 7 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 8 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 9 More storms ahead as flood warnings remain in place
- 10 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life