Police catch motorist driving at almost 70mph in a 30mph speed zone
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A motorist has been caught going almost 40mph above the 30mph speed limit in Lowestoft.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) have been conducting speed enforcement in Beccles Road, Lowestoft, following complaints about speeding motorists from people living in the area.
The team caught one motorist travelling at 67mph on the road, which has a 30mph speed limit.
Officers said the vehicle was also found to be in a dangerous condition.
The team publicised the stop on social media.
You may also want to watch:
The NSRAPT team tweeted: “After complaints received from members of public, we’ve attended #BecclesRoad in #Lowestoft this evening to conduct speed enforcement. Several #TORs issued including one vehicle travelling at 67mph which transpired to also be in a dangerous condition. #1826 #fatal4 #speedkills”.
- 1 Londoners fined for travelling to stay at second home in Norfolk
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to snow with more expected to fall
- 3 Drivers face non-essential travel fines after spate of snow crashes
- 4 Covid case rates continue to fall across Norfolk and Waveney
- 5 Voyeur watched people after setting up secret cameras in bathroom
- 6 Are you in our Norfolk school photos from the 1970s?
- 7 Man in 20s dies and three hurt as Audi crashes into wall
- 8 Woman in 60s suffers serious injuries after car crashes into ditch
- 9 Government must step in to help 'desperate' Norwich hospital, says MP
- 10 Photo gallery: Snow turns region into winter wonderland