Police catch motorist driving at almost 70mph in a 30mph speed zone
- Credit: Archant Norfolk
A motorist has been caught going almost 40mph above the 30mph speed limit in Lowestoft.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (NSRAPT) have been conducting speed enforcement in Beccles Road, Lowestoft, following complaints about speeding motorists from people living in the area.
The team caught one motorist travelling at 67mph on the road, which has a 30mph speed limit.
Officers said the vehicle was also found to be in a dangerous condition.
The team publicised the stop on social media.
You may also want to watch:
The NSRAPT team tweeted: “After complaints received from members of public, we’ve attended #BecclesRoad in #Lowestoft this evening to conduct speed enforcement. Several #TORs issued including one vehicle travelling at 67mph which transpired to also be in a dangerous condition. #1826 #fatal4 #speedkills”.
- 1 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 2 Which new Covid tier could Norfolk be in?
- 3 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 4 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 5 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 6 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 7 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 8 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive
- 9 Drivers ‘lucky to walk away’ as cars overturn
- 10 What each lockdown tier could mean for Norfolk