Drink driver caught speeding on A47 with family in the car
- Credit: Archant
Police have stopped a drink driver who was speeding along the A47 with his family in the car.
The motorist was spotted by police speeding along the A47 at Terrington St John earlier today (Sunday, December 9).
The driver was stopped by police and then provided a positive breath test.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (RAPT) posted details of the stop on social media.
They tweeted: 'West team have just stopped a vehicle #A47 #TerringtonStJohn in excess of the speed limit. Family onboard & driver provided a positive breathtest Driver arrested & provides an evidential sample of 50ugs (limit 35ugs) #Fatal4 #NotTheUsualSuspects'.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the team also posted details of a stop by East team earlier today where a vehicle was stopped after the driver was spotted using a mobile phone at the wheel. He then provided a positive drugs wipe and was arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
- 1 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 2 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 3 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 6 How farm shop grew from honesty-box shed to £1.2m turnover
- 7 SOLD! Royal Arcade goes for £2m MORE than guide price
- 8 Petrol station queues causing rush-hour delays
- 9 Delays on A47 after lorry overturns
- 10 Some queues - but business largely as usual at Norfolk's petrol stations