Drink driver caught speeding on A47 with family in the car
- Credit: Archant
Police have stopped a drink driver who was speeding along the A47 with his family in the car.
The motorist was spotted by police speeding along the A47 at Terrington St John earlier today (Sunday, December 9).
The driver was stopped by police and then provided a positive breath test.
The Norfolk and Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team (RAPT) posted details of the stop on social media.
They tweeted: 'West team have just stopped a vehicle #A47 #TerringtonStJohn in excess of the speed limit. Family onboard & driver provided a positive breathtest Driver arrested & provides an evidential sample of 50ugs (limit 35ugs) #Fatal4 #NotTheUsualSuspects'.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the team also posted details of a stop by East team earlier today where a vehicle was stopped after the driver was spotted using a mobile phone at the wheel. He then provided a positive drugs wipe and was arrested on suspicion of drug driving.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 8 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 9 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 10 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases