Warning after spate of 'doorstep cold calls'
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Officials have warned people to be vigilant of doorstep cold callers.
The warning comes from Suffolk Trading Standards officers following a spate of recent cold call incidents in the Beccles area.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "We have received a report of doorstep callers, knocking at doors in Beccles, purporting to be part of the Government Green Deal, and that you may be entitled to a grant.
"If you are approached, please report them immediately to the police on 101, or to us via 0808 223 1133.
"Our normal advice is to never agree to anything, including a home visit, when approached by a cold caller on the phone, at your door or via email.
You may also want to watch:
"Do your research first, and find out if it is a product or service that you want or require.
"You may be entitled to a grant to help you with the cost of energy improvements on your home, but don’t trust a cold caller who advises you that you are.
"In Suffolk you can contact Suffolk Energy Action on 0345 0371234 or visit https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/
- 1 Work started on four new homes without permission
- 2 Woman has heart attack and dies in ambulance waiting for a hospital bed
- 3 Flight bound for Norwich turns back to Aberdeen
- 4 Murder investigation launched after body of man found in Norwich flat
- 5 Holt Hall for sale after years of uncertainty
- 6 Christmas craft, food and gift fair returning to Norfolk estate
- 7 Jets heard roaring over Norwich for training exercise
- 8 Mum's heartfelt tribute to daughter who died in A47 collision
- 9 Man who died after a medical episode in Hopton identified
- 10 Who can get a Covid booster jab and how can I book one?