Warning after spate of 'doorstep cold calls'
- Credit: Getty Images/Hemera
Officials have warned people to be vigilant of doorstep cold callers.
The warning comes from Suffolk Trading Standards officers following a spate of recent cold call incidents in the Beccles area.
A post on the Suffolk Trading Standards Facebook page said: "We have received a report of doorstep callers, knocking at doors in Beccles, purporting to be part of the Government Green Deal, and that you may be entitled to a grant.
"If you are approached, please report them immediately to the police on 101, or to us via 0808 223 1133.
"Our normal advice is to never agree to anything, including a home visit, when approached by a cold caller on the phone, at your door or via email.
You may also want to watch:
"Do your research first, and find out if it is a product or service that you want or require.
"You may be entitled to a grant to help you with the cost of energy improvements on your home, but don’t trust a cold caller who advises you that you are.
"In Suffolk you can contact Suffolk Energy Action on 0345 0371234 or visit https://www.simpleenergyadvice.org.uk/
- 1 Revealed: The areas where Covid cases are still increasing
- 2 Man admits defrauding more than £1.3m from Norfolk firm
- 3 'A lot of tears' as care home announces closure with 30 jobs lost
- 4 Norfolk bowls star tests positive at world indoor championships
- 5 Shocking CCTV shows carer abusing woman with dementia
- 6 Warnings for snow and ice in place across region
- 7 Fired twice in two months: Events boss feels the pain of Covid
- 8 Tributes to much-loved Laura, 28, after Covid death
- 9 Part of seventh skeleton discovered in city street
- 10 Police still at scene of daylight knife attack