Police warning after ‘large amount of money’ stolen during distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A warning has been issued to householders, urging residents to be vigilant following a distraction burglary.
A man stole a large amount of money from the home of an elderly victim after he offered to do gardening work at the property in Kirkley.
With a burglary appeal posted on the Lowestoft Police Facebook page, a spokesman said: 'Police are urging residents to be vigilant after a distraction burglary that took place in Lowestoft today.
'It occurred at a property on Kimberley Road in the town at about 12.45pm on Wednesday, January 23.
'A man attended a home offering gardening work. While the elderly victim was making him a hot drink, the male stole a large amount of money from a bedroom.'
You may also want to watch:
The man is white, of stocky build, about 5ft 7in tall with dark hair. He was wearing jeans and a jumper and was seen in a dark/black hatchback type vehicle.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity at around the time stated in the area, or who has knowledge of the incident, should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference CAD 153 of January 23.
- 1 Norfolk wakes up to empty pumps – despite assurances of ‘ample fuel stocks’
- 2 Huge seaside home with indoor pool for sale for £600,000
- 3 Man dies in hospital after fight near Norfolk pub
- 4 The Bill star reveals he has moved to Norfolk and why he loves it
- 5 Why has a golden dome appeared in this Norfolk town?
- 6 Delays on roads as petrol queues continue
- 7 Dramatic pictures as huge barn fire breaks out near coast
- 8 Queues form at Norfolk petrol stations - despite reassurances over stock
- 9 Q&A: All you need to know about fuel shortages
- 10 A11 to undergo 18 months of roadworks