Police warning after ‘large amount of money’ stolen during distraction burglary
- Credit: Archant
A warning has been issued to householders, urging residents to be vigilant following a distraction burglary.
A man stole a large amount of money from the home of an elderly victim after he offered to do gardening work at the property in Kirkley.
With a burglary appeal posted on the Lowestoft Police Facebook page, a spokesman said: 'Police are urging residents to be vigilant after a distraction burglary that took place in Lowestoft today.
'It occurred at a property on Kimberley Road in the town at about 12.45pm on Wednesday, January 23.
'A man attended a home offering gardening work. While the elderly victim was making him a hot drink, the male stole a large amount of money from a bedroom.'
You may also want to watch:
The man is white, of stocky build, about 5ft 7in tall with dark hair. He was wearing jeans and a jumper and was seen in a dark/black hatchback type vehicle.
Anyone who witnessed any suspicious activity at around the time stated in the area, or who has knowledge of the incident, should contact Suffolk Police on 101, quoting crime reference CAD 153 of January 23.
- 1 Family of missing man informed after body found near lake
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Chef to reopen major hotel that closed amid financial woes
- 4 Couple who drove from Hull to Norfolk for a walk among lockdown breakers
- 5 Coronavirus: How busy are our local hospitals?
- 6 Revealed: how many people have had the Covid-19 vaccine where you live
- 7 Emma Thompson and Peaky Blinders actor to star in new film shot in Norwich
- 8 Burglars cut hole in fence to steal Labrador from kennel
- 9 Customers slam boss of axed music festival over refusal to refund deposits
- 10 'Unsatisfactory and dangerous situation' - Man frustrated by unlit roadwork