Disqualified driver arrested on suspicion of drug driving in Norwich
- Credit: Eastern Daily Press © 2014
Police stopped a disqualified driver after the car he was driving was flagged as uninsured.
Norfolk and Suffolk's roads armed policing team and road casualty reduction team stopped the driver in Norwich in the early hours of Tuesday morning after spotting his uninsured vehicle, they said on Twitter.
Police stopped the driver, in a black Honda Civic, at around 12.40am and later found that the male driver was not only uninsured but was also disqualified.
After more checks, the driver tested positive for cannabis and cocaine.
The vehicle was taken off the roads at 1am by a recovery vehicle.
You may also want to watch:
The man was arrested on suspicion of drug driving, disqualified driving and no insurance.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 9 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
- 10 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected