Cyclist fails in bid to rob woman
- Credit: Archant
Police are appealing for witnesses following an attempted robbery in Norwich.
It happened shortly before 8.30pm on Tuesday January 22, when the victim, a woman aged in her 20s, was walking along the path on Dereham Road, when she was approached by a man on a bike.
As the man cycled past, he attempted to grab the victim's handbag, but made off from the scene empty handed when she resisted.
Police want to speak to any witnesses who may have been in the area at the time of the incident.
Anyone with any information should contact DS Matt Jenkins at Norwich CID on 101, quoting reference number 36/5288/19.
You may also want to watch:
Alternatively contact Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111 or via their website www.crimestoppers-uk.org.
- 1 Jailed in Norfolk this week: a corrupt police officer and a domestic abuser
- 2 All the major Christmas events in Norfolk that can go ahead
- 3 Water outages hit homes across city
- 4 'Gutted' - Thieves take BMW wheels leaving car on bricks
- 5 Town in mourning as nightclub owner who 'loved everybody' dies at 49
- 6 People released from car after crash closes road
- 7 Person freed from vehicle after crash on A140
- 8 'Heartless' fraudster stole from elderly hospital patients
- 9 Road remains closed after serious crash on A143
- 10 'There was a massive bang' - Fire outside Norwich coffee shop