WATCH: Five people arrested in Sainsbury’s car park after car taken
- Credit: Archant
A driver has captured dash cam footage of a five person arrest at a retail park near Norwich.
The arrests took place in the car park near Sainsbury's at Longwater Retail Park in New Costessey.
Five people were arrested by police at around 1pm on Monday on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent.
Officers were responding to reports of a Ford Focus being taken from the Great Yarmouth area on Sunday, February 23.
A 20-year-old man from the Dereham area, a 17-year-old boy from Cambridgeshire, a 16-year-old girl from the Norwich area and a 14 and 15-year-old girl from the Great Yarmouth area have been arrested on suspicion of taking a vehicle without consent.
You may also want to watch:
They were taken to Wymondham Police Investigation Centre for questioning.
The footage shows a police car race to join fellow officers at the car park near to the supermarket's filling station.
- 1 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 2 'I couldn't believe my eyes' - snorkeller finds 125-year-old shipwreck
- 3 End of an era as cafe owner hangs up apron after 26 years
- 4 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 5 Location revealed for new major music festival with '90s flavour'
- 6 Former teacher who abused young boys handed 25-year sentence
- 7 Do you recognise this man?
- 8 Norfolk beach ranked among world's top tourist attractions
- 9 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 10 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
Two bemused shoppers with full trolleys look on as an officer grapples with a suspect on the ground.
A further two officers are also in shot dealing with two further suspects.
As the driver gets closer to the main store two police cars come into view.
While the car snakes back round, another police car is seen stationed at a further point in the car park, before the car returns back to the first officers.
Three officers are then seen arresting three young people.