Drone used to hunt ‘dangerous’ dog during police chase in town centre
- Credit: Archant
A drone was used to hunt a 'dangerous' dog which tried to bite a person during a police chase in Great Yarmouth on Sunday night.
A spokesperson for Norfolk Police said it was called to South Beach Parade at 7.35pm following concern from members of the public about the pet.
Police used a drone as they attempted to find the dog and were assisted by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service.
The dog tried to bite a member of the public before it was contained in Pleasure Beach at 9.06pm.
The owner of the dog has collected the pet.
You may also want to watch:
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases
- 4 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 5 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 6 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 7 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 8 Fresh calls for Norfolk to move to tier one ahead of key Commons vote
- 9 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 10 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary