Dad grew cannabis to help recover from cocaine addiction
- Credit: Archant
A father-of-three who was caught growing cannabis in his loft said he was using the class B drug to recover from a cocaine addiction.
Ricky Harvey, 30, was arrested at his home on Aylsham Road, Norwich, after eight cannabis plants were found growing in his loft.
The self-employed plasterer, who lives with his wife and three young children, accepted responsibility for the plants, and said he had been using cannabis to help him recover from a cocaine addiction.
Defence lawyer Ian Fisher said since his arrest Harvey had "dramatically curtailed his consumption" of the drug.
Deputy District Judge Paul Booty said Harvey was "screwing up his life" with drugs, and Harvey responded:"I very much agree."
You may also want to watch:
He was ordered to pay £525 in fines and costs.
- 1 Motorcyclist dies in crash on A11
- 2 GP surgery in special measures after inspectors find range of faults
- 3 Huge village home with indoor swimming pool for sale for £1.2m
- 4 Britain's poshest train returning to Norwich for Christmas lunch
- 5 Huge Christmas market returning to Norfolk Showground for 2021
- 6 Indian restaurant in Norfolk nominated for two national awards
- 7 Norwich bridal shop named among best in UK
- 8 Could you offer one of these rescue animals a forever home?
- 9 Famous Norwich firm locked in legal battle with Red Bull
- 10 Vintage tractor enthusiast's prized collection goes under the hammer