Dad grew cannabis to help recover from cocaine addiction
- Credit: Archant
A father-of-three who was caught growing cannabis in his loft said he was using the class B drug to recover from a cocaine addiction.
Ricky Harvey, 30, was arrested at his home on Aylsham Road, Norwich, after eight cannabis plants were found growing in his loft.
The self-employed plasterer, who lives with his wife and three young children, accepted responsibility for the plants, and said he had been using cannabis to help him recover from a cocaine addiction.
Defence lawyer Ian Fisher said since his arrest Harvey had "dramatically curtailed his consumption" of the drug.
Deputy District Judge Paul Booty said Harvey was "screwing up his life" with drugs, and Harvey responded:"I very much agree."
You may also want to watch:
He was ordered to pay £525 in fines and costs.
- 1 When can I go to the beach? Lockdown travel questions answered
- 2 Photos show RAF centre being visited by ‘beast’ of an aircraft
- 3 Driver fined after leaving queue before entering Co-Op
- 4 New mass vaccination centre opening in Norfolk
- 5 'Stay local' warning and visitors fined after hundreds head to Sea Palling
- 6 Mum sets up sideline selling jewellery made from breast milk
- 7 Cottage project that is a 'step back in time' coming under hammer
- 8 Revealed: Adult vaccination rates are lower in some areas of Norfolk
- 9 Police fine 39 second-homers and day-trippers in resort crackdown
- 10 Restaurants and pubs reopening outdoors in April