Cyclist left in ditch with head injuries after hit-and-run
- Credit: Archant
A woman was knocked off her bike and left in a ditch with head injuries after a hit-and-run crash near Norwich.
The woman in her 30s was riding on Ringland Lane in Costessey between 7.30pm and 7.45pm on Tuesday May, 26, when she was hit by a car.
She was knocked off her cycle and fell into a ditch and the car driver failed to stop.
The woman was rescued from the ditch by Norfolk Fire and Rescue Service and paramedics.
She was taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with head injuries.
You may also want to watch:
Officers want to hear from anyone who may have seen the crash or may have been travelling in the area around the same time.
Anyone with information should contact PC Wendy Frary at the Roads and Armed Policing Team at Wymondham on 101 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- 1 MP moves to reassure public as film crew hires out village homes
- 2 The Norfolk market town that used to be in Suffolk
- 3 Destructive stink bugs could be heading for Norfolk
- 4 Family tribute to caring and loving Norwich man who was 'one of a kind'
- 5 Part of A11 reopened after earlier issues with concrete
- 6 Motorcyclist, 17, dies after crashing into lamp post
- 7 Talented teen baker set to open cake shop in town centre
- 8 Man in 70s punched and kicked repeatedly after being pulled from car
- 9 Plea for a solution after raw sewage floods family's garden
- 10 Flagship Debenhams building goes up for sale or rent