Police seize Jaguar as alleged drug-driver had no insurance
- Credit: Archant
A Jaguar XF has been seized by police after community intelligence helped officers.
The vehicle was stopped in Lowestoft by officers from the Norfolk & Suffolk Roads and Armed Policing Team on Monday, April 1.
Subsequent checks founds that the driver had no insurance, two illegal tyres and was allegedly drug-driving – as a prohibition notice was issued and the car seized.
They tweeted: 'A Jaguar XF was stopped in @LowestoftPolice by #1826 based on community intelligence.
'Checks identified that the driver had no insurance, two illegal tyres and they provided a positive @DrugWipeUK for cannabis.'
You may also want to watch:
The team later tweeted: 'We cannot stress enough the importance of #communityintelligence
'It's everyone's duty to keep our roads safe, see it, report it.
- 1 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 2 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 3 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 4 Two Norfolk gastropubs named among best in country
- 5 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 6 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 7 Two people injured in A47 crash
- 8 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 9 School bus drivers 'risked children's lives' with illegal long shifts
- 10 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
'We will assess and action the info you provide us as we work tirelessly to protect you on the roads of @NorfolkPolice @SuffolkPolice'