Man with knife challenged with Taser and arrested in Chapelfield Gardens
- Credit: Archant
A man has been arrested after being challenged with Taser in Chapelfield Gardens where he was seen retrieving a knife from some bushes.
Police were called to the park this afternoon after being told a man had been ejected from a nearby premises, and had been seen to go into some undergrowth and emerge with a blade.
Sgt Mark Shepherd, of the Norwich East Safer Neighbourhood Team, said officers were on scene within two minutes and challenged the man.
'We had a call over the radio that a male had been ejected from a premises nearby, at which point he had gone to some bushes and was seen to recover a knife,' said Sgt Shepherd.
'Officers attended, including one armed with Taser. He was challenged with a red dot and arrested, and the knife has been recovered.'
You may also want to watch:
The man, aged in his 20s, is now in custody at Wymondham Police Investigation Centre.
Sgt Shepherd added: 'It was just the red dot used, and a challenge to get to the floor where he has been handcuffed. That was all the force used.'
- 1 New virus named after Norfolk village
- 2 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 3 Latitude labelled 'Covid fest' by health boss as staff forced to isolate
- 4 Holiday park bosses pay tribute to 'popular' worker murdered in Norfolk village
- 5 No club record bid from City for Armstrong
- 6 Driving instructor shares terrifying videos of NDR near misses
- 7 'Destination' fish and chip restaurant for sale
- 8 Eleven people taken to hospital after Banham Poultry chemical spill
- 9 New landlords hope to serve up Thai food in suburban pub
- 10 Full-back signs for Burnley after Canaries release