CCTV of fatal attack on Nick Rogers in Morrisons after man is found guilty of killing him

CCTV footage from Morrisons showing Nick Rogers and Lee Monk. Photo: Norfolk Police

CCTV footage from Morrisons showing Nick Rogers and Lee Monk. Photo: Norfolk Police - Credit: Norfolk Police

This CCTV footage shows the moments leading up to the attack in a Morrisons supermarket which killed Nick Rogers.

Lee Monk has been warned he faces a 'substantial' prison sentence after being found guilty of the fatal attack on the 26-year-old in the shop in Wymondham.

Mr Rogers was assaulted by Lee Monk, 20, after they met while shopping in the store, shortly after 7.30pm on July 17.

Mr Rogers died in hospital the following day, after suffering a 'catastrophic' brain injury.

MORE: Man found guilty of killing Nick Rogers in Morrisons

Lee Monk and his uncle John Monk, 44, who was also alleged to have taken part in the attack, had been on trial at Norwich Crown Court after being accused of murder.

But after more than nine hours of deliberations a jury found them both not guilty of murder.

The jury did however find Lee Monk guilty of manslaughter.

Most Read

He will be sentenced on February 1 next year with Judge Stephen Holt warning the defendant must understand 'there will be no other sentence than a substantial custodial sentence'.

MORE: 'Every time I go shopping I see him laying on the floor' - Shopper on aftermath of fatal attack in Morrisons

Both Lee Monk, of Silfield Road, Wymondham, and John Monk, of Albini Way, Wymondham, were also found not guilty of assault occasioning actual bodily harm to Leo Wardrop, who was a friend of Mr Rogers and was with him in the supermarket.

The court heard Nick had gone into Morrisons with a friend where he had a chance encounter with Lee Monk. The pair, who had fallen out previously, became involved in verbal dispute near the checkouts, which quickly escalated into a fight.

CCTV shows Nick being punched, which resulted in him falling to the floor where he was kicked in the back of the head by Lee.

Nick managed to get to his feet, but only staggered a short distance before collapsing and losing consciousness.

MORE: Senior Norfolk detective 'disappointed' with Morrisons murder trial verdicts

Officers arrived on scene shortly after 7.50pm to find Nick unconscious on the floor, where he was being tended to by supermarket staff and other shoppers. He was treated by paramedics at the scene and taken to the Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital. He died the next day.