‘Absolutely shocking’ police arrest driver caught more than three times over the limit and driving with a missing front tyre
- Credit: Norfolk Police
A car spotting driving erratically on the A11 was found to be missing a front tyre.
Police stopped the car near Wymondham on Saturday after receiving calls from other motorists about the unpredictable manner that it was being driven in.
Officers were shocked to find the car was being driven with no front wheel. The driver had been in fast traffic on the broken metal rims of one of the wheels.
The driver was breath tested and found to be three and half times over the drink drive limit.
They were arrested on suspicion of drink driving after providing an evidential reading of 126ugs.
You may also want to watch:
Sgt Chris Harris, of Norfolk & Suffolk Roads & Armed Policing Team, tweeted: 'Absolutely shocking this but have just called informant to say thank you for reporting. You'll never know what you may have averted but we know the roads will be safe.'
- 1 PE teacher banned after getting drunk and showing her breasts at school prom
- 2 Welcome to our new website
- 3 Would you know what to do if your car hit a deer?
- 4 What was ‘strange stretched circle’ spotted over Norfolk skies?
- 5 Whale washes up off Norfolk coast
- 6 MPs call for Norfolk to be in own coronavirus tier
- 7 Encouraging signs as Covid infection rates plummet in parts of Norfolk
- 8 Plea for help to trace missing heavily pregnant woman
- 9 Four men caught at £2m Norfolk cannabis factory
- 10 More than 50 pupils sent home after student tests positive