Cannabis seized by police in Bowthorpe
- Credit: Archant
Police have seized cannabis in Bowthorpe.
Norwich Police tweeted that cannabis had been found and seized in Bowthorpe this afternoon (Sunday, December 9).
The tweet read: 'More cannabis found and seized in Bowthorpe this afternoon by PC Tassie. #NWSNT #PC1793 #Christmasnotcannabis'.
The discovery comes following raids at two properties in the Mile Cross area of the city last week.
In one of the swoops a family wrapping Christmas gifts were given a shock when police raided their home and discovered cannabis plants being grown in the loft.
You may also want to watch:
An initial search of the property uncovered a small amount of cannabis stored within a tub in a utility room but officers later discovered several large cannabis plants being grown in the loft. A man in his 20s in connection with the discovery.
A simultaneous raid carried out at a house on Boundary Road resulted in the arrest of two other men.
- 1 Man jailed for seven years over coercive behaviour which left victim 'shattered'
- 2 Six new coronavirus deaths confirmed at Norfolk hospital
- 3 'Rare' Norfolk vicarage goes up for sale for £1.1m
- 4 Flood alerts in place across Norfolk
- 5 Seafront flats plan set for go ahead
- 6 Open all hours? Retailers say no thanks to 24/7 shopping
- 7 Cannabis factory discovered after police called to burglary
- 8 Fears loss of Arcadia group could have significant impact on Norfolk high streets
- 9 Man in 70s who died in crash identified after public help
- 10 Nine Norfolk schools closed or partly shut due to Covid-19 cases