Brick thrown at man in racist attack
- Credit: Archant
A teenage gang threw a brick at a man, punched him and racially abused him on a Lowestoft street.
The group stopped a man in his early 40s on Monday, May 4, at 3.30pm on Rotterdam Road in Lowestoft, near the alley next to Amy Court, where they made racially abusive comments to him.
The group, who the victim said were in their late teens, made racist comments before punching him in his ear and throwing a brick at him, though it did not hit him.
Police are urging anyone who may have witnessed the attack or with information to come forward.
According to the victim there were two main offenders in the gang. One is described as a white male in his late teens with short brown hair and wearing an Armani tracksuit.
You may also want to watch:
The other is described as a white male in his late teens with short brown hair, of large build and roughly 5ft 9in.
Anyone who witnessed the incident, saw any suspicious behaviour in the area at the time or has knowledge of committed the offence should contact Lowestoft police quoting crime number 37/24736/20.
- 1 'Unauthorised' headstones ruin family's final wishes
- 2 New Lidl supermarket opens in Norwich
- 3 Neighbours sick of road turning into 'scene from Fast & Furious'
- 4 Hospital investigated over 'contentious' deaths goes bust owing £4m
- 5 Fresh weather warning with Storm Evert set to hit Norfolk
- 6 Man was found dead after lockdown hit business, inquest told
- 7 Anti-vax protesters descend on Norwich pub demanding entry
- 8 Tributes to popular entertainer after death following tragic accident
- 9 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 10 Norwich City transfer rumours: Loan possibility remains for Skipp