Boy, 14, to appear in court over knifepoint robbery in Norwich
- Credit: Archant
A 14-year-old boy arrested in connection with a knifepoint robbery in Norwich is due to appear in court later this month.
Police were called to New Botolph Street, near Anglia Square, on Saturday, September 8 last year following reports of a robbery.
Four officers, all carrying tasers, were sent to the scene after the victim, who is believed to be 15, was robbed at about 6.45pm.
A boy, 14, who cannot be named for legal reasons, arrested in connection with the knifepoint robbery has been summoned to court for offences of robbery and possession of a knife.
He will appear at Norwich Youth Court on Tuesday, February 19.
You may also want to watch:
Figures published last year revealed knife crime in Norfolk has shot up since 2013
Norfolk Constabulary recorded 269 crimes in which knives were used between October 2016 and September 2017, an increase of 186pc on the same period in 2012-13.
- 1 'Too close to home': Neighbours' shock as body found at Mousehold Heath
- 2 Chicken restaurant closes 'due to unforeseen circumstances'
- 3 Hospital confirms two patients have died from Covid
- 4 'Like an invasion' - locals speak out over five-day festival
- 5 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 6 What are the top 10 new shops opening in Norwich?
- 7 Which? warning to avoid sun cream brand for children
- 8 More than 70 speeding drivers snared in police day of action
- 9 New beauty salon and massage rooms open at country club
- 10 Person dies after being hit by train