Man suffers leg injuries in suspected stabbing at city park
- Credit: Archant
A man was taken hospital and a police cordon put in place near a city park last night following a suspected stabbing.
At around 6.20pm on Thursday (January 16) emergency services were called to a park between Bowers Avenue and Boundary Road in Norwich, to reports that a man had been stabbed.
When officers arrived they found a male victim who had suffered leg injuries following an attack, who told them he had been stabbed.
The man was then taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital to receive further treatment, but his injuries were not life threatening.
A police cordon was put in place on Bowers Avenue while officers carried out their investigations, it remained in place as of 8pm.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Constabulary said that no suspect had been identified in the investigation yet, with the only description given being that of a man wearing a black balaclava.
A witness said they saw somebody jump out of a car and stab the victim.
- 1 'Vindicated at last' - Pension compensation on the horizon for WASPI women
- 2 Police called to troublespot Norwich hotel 324 times in two years
- 3 Church with 'features to get excited about' for sale for £80,000
- 4 The best restaurant in Norfolk for a romantic date revealed
- 5 New 20mph speed cameras to tackle NDR rat-runners
- 6 Body found at Mousehold Heath there for 'considerable amount of time'
- 7 Police search undergrowth as man arrested for murder of missing woman
- 8 Norfolk Day 2021: Your must-have guide to all events
- 9 Man in 40s airlifted to hospital after suffering medical emergency
- 10 Former City skipper a frontrunner for Swansea job
They said: "I saw his leg covered in blood. Somebody jumped out of a car and stabbed him, then he ran away down our path and collapsed at the bottom."
A spokesman for the East of England Ambulance Trust confirmed a man was taken to Norfolk and Norwich University Hospital with leg injuries.
A police forensics van and three other police vehicles were also parked at the scene, opposite the turning to City View Road off Boundary Road.
Anybody who can provide police with any information regarding the attach should contact 101.