Police investigation as body found in River Waveney
- Credit: Simon Parkin
A police investigation has been launched after a body was found in the River Waveney near Diss.
Emergency services were called to Wortham Ling at 1.10pm today (November 26) after receiving reports of a body in the river between Wortham and Roydon.
Fire crews from Diss and Thetford, including river rescue specialists with a recovery boat, were called to assist police at the river close to Riverside Place on Ling Road.
A large number of police vehicles, including scenes of crime, could be seen on the small lane that leads to properties backing on to river.
Officers were preventing members of the public from accessing the footpaths leading to the river bank.
You may also want to watch:
A spokesman for Norfolk Police said: "Officers were called to Riverside Place at 1.10pm today in response to reports of a body being seen in the river.
"Emergency services remain at the scene and enquiries are on-going."
- 1 Risk of flooding in parts of region as storms slowly move in
- 2 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 3 Man taken to hospital after cardiac arrest at beach
- 4 Incredible aerial photos show scale of Latitude Festival
- 5 Former hunting lodge for sale for £1.695m with huge lake
- 6 Trains cancelled due to flooding - and more heavy rain expected
- 7 City ready for Cantwell and Aarons end game
- 8 Never mind the limo - aspiring farmer rides tractor to prom night
- 9 Norwich Bus Station building closed due to Covid ping
- 10 'Do your bit to slow spread' - plea as Covid hospital admissions remain low
Wortham Ling, an area of heathland on the Norfolk/Suffolk border, stands alongside the river and is a Site of Special Scientific Interest that is popular with walkers and people with dogs.
More to follow.