BMW driver caught speeding at 107mph on A47 loses licence
- Credit: citizenside.com
A BMW driver who was caught speeding at 107mph on the A47 at Blofield has lost his licence.
Charles Murray, 28, was driving a BMW 3 Series along the dual carriageway on September 19, 2017 when he was recorded by a speed detection device.
The offence took place shortly after 6.30pm along the road's eastbound carriageway, which has a 70mph limit.
Murray's case appeared before Norwich Magistrates' Court on Monday after he was found guilty of the offence in his absence on March 20 last year.
The court heard how he was previously disqualified from driving in 2017, and received a 15 month ban in February 2018 for driving while unfit.
You may also want to watch:
Murray, of Washington Avenue, Hemel Hempstead, did not appear in court for the hearing on Monday.
He received a 12 month ban, a £660 fine and must pay a £66 victim surcharge and £100 in prosecution costs.
- 1 Huge blast proof bunker with acre of land for sale by auction
- 2 The Chase star's tribute to contestant who died in Norfolk house fire
- 3 Have 'murder hornets' been found in Norfolk?
- 4 Part of A47 closed due to crash
- 5 Caroline Flack's mum to open 'grief café' in Norfolk
- 6 Road closed due to accident after car reportedly flips on to its roof
- 7 ‘Can you let me off?’ pleads driver doing 90mph in 50mph zone
- 8 Man drove round campsite 'like a rally driver' after argument
- 9 Club reopens after Covid cases among staff and customers
- 10 Two people injured in A47 crash